This time I want to draw your attention to biker style leather jackets. Let’s be honest, leather biker jackets are trendy since a few years now, so it’s nothing new and probably most of you own a biker jacket just like this.
But… (there comes a but…)
I have to be honest. In my fashion life (and with ‘fashion life’ I mean, since the time I was allowed to buy my own wardrobe and everything that belongs to it) I have bought so many biker jackets. When I was younger, I used to buy clothing pieces (especially leather jackets) that were often not quite right. At the beginning, you are happy with your new items, but after a long time it will irritate you. So since then, this is one of my life lessons; never buy something you aren’t fully happy with. That will save a great deal of time and money.
The reason why I always bought the wrong biker jackets is because of the many fabrics, styles, and colors. With lots of styles you can miss the point completely. For example I chose for the wrong material; lots of materials look a little bit cheap and you don’t want to deal with that.
So it was time for a change. And change is good…
Happily, I received a few gift cards during the holiday season (happy me, thank you again). And who doesn’t like to spend these gift cards right away. I remember my mom saying ‘’You don’t have to use them straight away!’’. Yeah, sure…
So yes, after purchasing lots of biker jackets I finally found my favorite, faux leather black with a matching belt and decorated with studs.
Faux leather biker jacket with studs: Mango
Beanie: Sixth June via Shopnoir Maastricht
WHY IS A LEATHER JACKET AN IMPORTANT WARDROBE ITEM?
So here’s a short guide to help you get the right motor jacket and not make any mistakes just like me!
- Buy a classic shape, a biker and it won’t go out of fashion (not like me). We’re talking pence per wear.
- You can wear it all year round; with dresses in the summer, knits in the winter.
- Real leather gets better with age! It’s probably the only thing in your wardrobe that does!
- It’s a grab and go piece that you can wear literally anywhere. With smart dresses, with jeans, dressed up, dressed down. Whatever!
- It can bring an edginess to an outfit. I’m all about buying classics but I don’t want to look staid and old fashioned. A leather jacket can add youthfulness to a basic pair of trousers and top.
- It looks effortless (even though you may have toiled over an outfit). No one needs to know that!
- It’s age appropriate providing you don’t wear it with a leopard print body-con and vertigo challenging heels.
I’m now ready for the upcoming months wearing my new jacket. Are you?